Junior analysts who provide investment advice that results in strong investment returns for their firm and its shareholders may be promoted to the position of senior analyst. After at least 10 years of investment experience and a proven performance record, senior analysts can be promoted to the position of portfolio manager, who oversees the investment strategy for a particular fund or group of funds. Some companies employ chief investment officers, who establish and manage the investment strategies for their entire company. An analyst might also pursue a related position with a venture capital firm, investment bank, hedge fund, or private equity fund. Others become financial consultants.
Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.
- Financial Quantitative Analysts
- Mutual Fund Accountants and Auditors
- Mutual Fund Compliance Professionals
- Mutual Fund Customer Service Representatives
- Mutual Fund Financial Managers
- Mutual Fund Lawyers
- Mutual Fund Marketing Specialists
- Mutual Fund Portfolio Managers
- Mutual Fund Risk Managers
- Mutual Fund Wholesalers