Skip to Main Content

Laboratory Technicians and Technologists

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

Depending on what type of laboratory technician or technologist you want to be, you may need certification or licensing, at least in some states. Organizations that offer certification include American Medical Technologists, American Association of Bioanalysts, American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification, and the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences. Check with your state’s occupational licensing board to find out if there are specific requirements for your area. Moreover, make sure any program or community college you are considering will provide the courses and experience you need for licensing.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.