Skip to Main Content

Health Educators

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

The NCHEC offers the certified health education specialist and master certified health education specialist credentials to applicants who meet educational and experience requirements and pass an examination. Certification is voluntary, but some employers require applicants to possess one or both of these credentials. Additionally, health educators who hold one or both of these certifications often earn higher salaries than educators who are not certified. Visit for more information on these credentials.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions