Skip to Main Content

Computer Trainers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

As a trainer, you should be certified in the products (such as Microsoft C++, MFC, Visual Basic, and Access), developments (including Internet, HTML, and JavaScript), applications (MS Office, for example), environments (such as OS/2, Windows, client/server), and databases (including ADO, Access, ODBC, BD/2, and SQL) you want to instruct. Classes in each of the disciplines are available from the manufacturers, and you must pass an examination before receiving certification. Trainers who are employed by hardware and software developers might receive on-the-job instruction on the most current product releases. Certification is not mandatory (except for consultants), but will provide you with a competitive advantage. The Association for Talent Development offers the certified professional in learning and performance designation to applicants who have at least five years of training experience and pass a knowledge examination and a skills application examination. CompTIA offers the certified technical trainer credential to trainers who pass an examination. The International Society for Performance Improvement offers the following credentials: certified performance technologist, certified developer of training, and certified facilitator of training.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions