Coronavirus Update: Our team is here to help our clients and readers navigate these difficult times. Visit our Resources page now »

Skip to Main Content
Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

As a measure of professional status, many caterers become certified through the National Association for Catering and Events. To qualify for this certification, called the certified professional in catering and events, caterers must meet certain educational and professional requirements as well as pass an examination. To keep their certification current, caterers must also fulfill requirements such as completing continuing education courses and attending professional conferences. The International Food Service Executives Association offers the certified food executive and the certified food manager designations. The International Special Events Society offers the certified special events professional designation. Contact these organizations for more information.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.

Related Professions