Skip to Main Content

Bakery Workers

Certification, Licensing, and Special Requirements

Certification or Licensing

AIB International offers courses leading to certification in a number of areas. Certification is also offered by Retail Bakers of America, including the titles of certified baker, certified master baker, certified journey baker, and certified decorator. Some employers may require certification; in other cases, certification is recommended for those wanting to advance their careers. In addition, most states require bakery workers to pass a physical exam and have a health certificate stating that they are free from contagious diseases.

Join Vault Gold to unlock this premium content

Earnings - Outlook - Resources & Associations and more

Are you a student? You may have FREE access.

Vault partners with thousands of colleges, universities and academic institutions to provide students with FREE access to our premium content. To determine if your school is a partner, please enter your school email address below.