Vault’s Law Blog covers news and trends relating to legal careers. Law Blog contributors offer insights on the legal industry and provide career advice for law students, attorneys, and JDs.
Contributors have included:
- Matt Moody: Matt is the current Law Editor at Vault. Prior to joining Vault, Matt worked as a litigator at two Vault 100 law firms. Matt has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BS in Journalism from the University of Florida.
- Vera Djordjevich: Vera is currently the Director of Research & Consulting at Vault. A former litigator, she holds degrees from New York University School of Law and Stanford University.
- Nicole Weber: Nicole is a legal recruiting professional and previously worked as an associate at a large New York firm. Nicole has a JD from Georgetown Law and a BA from Williams College.
- Rachel Marx Boufford: Rachel is a recruiting and marketing professional and previously worked as a litigation associate at a large New York law firm. Rachel has a JD from Harvard Law School and a BA from Tufts University.
- Mary Kate Sheridan: Mary Kate holds a JD from Columbia Law School and a BA in English from Mary Washington College. Mary Kate is a writer, editor and attorney, who previously worked as a litigation associate at a large law firm.
- Brian Dalton: Brian received a JD from Fordham Law School and a BA in History from Middlebury College. Following law school, Brian worked as an associate at a New York City law firm.
Become a Contributor
Vault is always looking for job search and career experts to share their advice on our blog.
Should You Go Straight to Law School from College or Take a Break?
The Vault Law interns weigh in on their paths to law school, and what advice they have for anyone considering making the leap to a legal career.
What Is a Typical Day Like for a Bankruptcy Lawyer?
What is it like to practice bankruptcy law? Here, lawyers from top-ranked firms discuss a typical day in their practice and share insights on useful training and skills development.
Behind the Scenes of Freshfields' Virtual Summer Associate Program
In the wake of COVID-19, many law firms have reshaped their summer associate programs to become remote. In this video interview, Vault spoke with lawyers from Freshfields about the ins and outs of the firm's virtual summer associate program.
Law Firm & Law School Responses to the Black Lives Matter Movement
In the aftermath of George Floyd's death and the ensuing protests, some law firms and law schools have joined the conversation. Read on for their responses.
Vault Asks Lawyers: Tips for Working Remotely
We checked in with practicing attorneys to see how they have adjusted to working from home and what advice they have for law students who will be working remotely this summer.
Vault Asks Lawyers: Maintaining Mental Health During Quarantine
We checked in with practicing attorneys to ask what they’ve been doing to maintain their mental health and stay connected during this time.
Your Summer Internship Has Been Canceled—Now What?
Coronavirus has forced some legal employers to cut summer internships. What does this mean for law students? Read on for advice on how to move forward.