About USCellular Internship Program
Summer Internship Program
USCellular is the fifth-largest full-service wireless carrier in the United States, providing national network coverage and industry-leading innovations designed to elevate the customer experience. USCellular has the Highest Wireless Network Quality Performance in the North Central Region, according to J.D. Power, and 99 percent of customers have access to 4G LTE speeds.
USCellular offers a large variety of internships annually in virtually all major departmental disciplines, including the following:
Areas of Opportunity
- Business Administration
- Computer Science/IT
- Human Resources
- Supply Chain/Operations
- 10 weeks, full time: June to August
- Competitive pay based on level of education
- Experiential learning from project-driven work
- Opportunities to build better communities through outreach programs
- Networking with other interns, senior executives and many other business professionals
- Share the responsibility of creating your own development plan
- Work with partners that will fill your journey with learning and fun
USCellular strategically partners with select colleges/universities nationally as well as focusing on schools that are:
- Geographically located within its footprint so students don’t need to travel far to stay close to home or school.
- Offering majors in disciplines that are a match for both students and its business needs.
- Inclusive; attracting students as diverse as the communities it serves.
USCellular remains engaged at many universities across its footprint that offer programs in disciplines that meet its organizational needs for education, including:
- DePaul University
- Illinois Institute of Technology (IIT)
- University of Illinois at Chicago (UIC)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Iowa State University
- University of Iowa
- Indiana University
- University of Michigan
- University of Tennessee - Knoxville
- University of Wisconsin - Madison
The USCellular internship requires a full-time (40 hours per week) commitment for the full 10-week summer program. Extensions beyond the normal 10 weeks are determined on a case-by-case basis depending on departmental need as well as the availability of the intern.
Posted requisitions detail the respective educational requirement (undergraduate or graduate) along with the corresponding discipline of study. USCellular requires interns to be currently enrolled, minimally enrolled in their sophomore year at the time of applying, through graduate study. They consider/hire intern candidates who have graduated within six months of the internship term.
In addition to those individuals demonstrating strong skill sets and a professional demeanor, our dynamic organization looks for those who:
- Thrive in an environment of cross-functional collaboration.
- Rise to the challenge and apply unique perspectives to a rapidly-evolving, technology-driven industry.
- Appreciate the value of diverse perspectives and collaboratively work toward a common goal.
- Desire to learn and grow in a real-work setting, on a seasoned team.
- Number of Interns: 21 to 50
- Compensation/Benefits: Paid
- Duration: 6 to 12 weeks; June through mid-August
- Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate Students, Business School Students
- USCellular Internship applications are only accepted via the online career page (https://www.uscellular.jobs/).
- Applicants are encouraged to attach current resumes, and if they choose, a cover letter and (unofficial) transcripts to their candidate profile/application submission.
- Individual recruiters are assigned to each requisition and are the point of contact for questions relative to application status.
USCellular generally posts internship requisitions by mid-September for the next summer's class of interns. Applications are then accepted on a rolling basis until the position has been filled leading up to our program start date in early June.
Patricia Gonzalez Macias, Talent Attraction Programs Manager
USCellular Internship Program