Coronavirus Update: Our team is here to help our clients and readers navigate these difficult times. Visit our Resources page now »

Skip to Main Content

About Newsday LLC

This company brings Long Islanders the news, each and every day. Newsday, LLC publishes the daily newspaper Newsday serving readers primarily in Nassau and Suffolk counties on Long Island, New York, as well as in the borough of Queens in New York City. The paper boasts a daily circulation of about 720,000 and Sunday circulation of about 888,000. In addition to its daily newspaper, Newsday, LLC publishes amNew York , a free daily that serves New York City commuters, and through Star Community Publishing the company publishes and distributes weekly shoppers throughout Long Island and in some sections of New York City. Newsday LLC is a subsidiary of cable system operator Cablevision.

Geographic Reach

The company's publications are distributed through both paid and free distribution in various ways across Long Island and the New York City metropolitan area.

Financial Performance

Advertising revenues accounted for 65% of Newsday's revenues and the remaining 35% came from the circulation revenues during fiscal 2014.

Strategy

Like most other newspapers around the country, Newsday has struggled to manage the decline in the print industry caused by readers and advertisers migrating to other forms of media. The paper has done its share of cost cutting through layoffs and other reductions, but Newsday also started charging a subscription for access to its website in 2009. (Print subscribers and Cablevision TV subscribers continue to get free access.)

Newsday LLC

6 Corporate Center Dr
Melville, NY 11747-3845
Phone: 1 (631) 843-4050

Firm Stats

Employer Type: Privately Owned
Information Technology Compliance Manager: Jodi Breslin
Partners: Erin Geismar
Vice President General Counsel: Dina Sforza
Employees (This Location): 400
Employees (All Locations): 899

Major Office Locations

Melville, NY

Other Locations

Melville, NY
Moscow, Russia