What do you care about? Our summer associates and attorneys work on pro bono matters involving asylum, incorporation of nonprofits, access to health care for disabled children, the environment, reproductive rights, the death penalty, the redevelopment of Haiti, victims of domestic violence and countless other causes.
Skadden is consistently recognized for its commitment to pro bono service. Recent recognitions include:
- The Chicago office was honored by the Chicago Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights with the 2017 Law Firm Pro Bono Award, which recognized the office's longtime partnership and the office's work supporting the organization's hate crimes project.
- On February 9, 2017, 112 DC attorneys made the 2016 Capital Pro Bono Honor Roll and were recognized for providing free legal services to people living in poverty or to small, disadvantaged businesses and community-based nonprofits. The attorneys met the honor roll's "high honors" by providing at least 100 hours of pro bono service
- On April 7, 2017, the firm was presented with the Outstanding Medical-Legal Partnership Pro Bono Advisory Award from the American Bar Association's Standing Committee on Pro Bono and Public Service at the Annual Medical-Legal Partnership Summit.
- On April 27, 2017, the Judicial Conference of DC's Federal Courts honored the firm as a Pro Bono Leader for its "outstanding leadership in the area of pro bono service."
- The National Law Journal included the firm on its 2018 "Pro Bono Hot List" noting that it was one of the 12 law firms that "have taken on some of the biggest issues of our time."
- In 2018, Pro Bono Partnership honored the Firm with its Volunteer of the Year Recognition Award. The award recognized our attorneys’ work on hundreds of nonprofit matters referred by the partnership over 15 years.
- On January 25, 2018, the firm received the Empire State Justice Award from the New York State Bar Association.
- June 18, 2018 Legal Services NYC recognized Skadden as being one of the Top 10 partners in the organization's pro bono immigration campaign.