10 Reasons to Join the Dechert Team
1. Work with really smart people. Our firm is full of really bright people, who are also practical in how they solve problems for our clients.
2. Join a top firm. Leading publications, including Chambers Global, recognize us globally as a top firm for international arbitration, corporate investigations, anticorruption, investment funds – hedge funds, life sciences and agribusiness (2016). Dechert is one of just two firms to have made the Financial Times top 10 most innovative law firms in both North America and Europe this year. We could go on – or you could learn more about Dechert’s Awards and Rankings here.
3. Serve top clients. Our lawyers counsel the most sophisticated companies in the world on their most challenging matters. Recent matters include guiding Takata Corp. through its air bag litigation and regulatory quagmire, advising CVS Health on antitrust issues related to its big upcoming merger with Aetna, and representing Lazada, Egypt, Orange, Pfizer and SK hynix on various transactions around the world.
4. Never stop learning. Dechert is 100% focused on your development. Associates benefit from informal and formal mentoring programs, the Critical Skills Institute and practice specific training programs as well as onsite careers services resources. We foster a culture of learning and even give bonuses annually to our most exceptional teachers. Learn more about Associate Development at Dechert.
5. Find your passion. As a summer associate or trainee, you get to focus on one practice area or try out several. We have 32 standout practices recognized by Chambers Global, 2016.
6. Make a difference. We’re committed to helping others. All lawyers are required to perform 25 pro hours per year and many do more. Associates’ pro bono hours count towards their bonuses. And our lawyers are helping people who otherwise would not have representation around the world, from abused children to individuals seeking political asylum. Learn more about Pro Bono at Dechert.
Dechert establishes the administrative backbone of the Immigrant Justice Corps (IJC) in New York.
7. Be part of a global team. Dechert is a global law firm with 28 offices throughout the United States, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. Our lawyers speak more than 40 languages. For the third consecutive year, we are part of the “Global 20,” which recognizes law firms with the largest global presence and involvement in the biggest, most complex and most diverse cross-border matters over the past year (Law360, 2017).
8. Embrace diversity. Active diversity initiatives include the Global Women’s Initiative and the Asian, Black, Latino and LGBT affinity groups. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dechert.
Dechert Philadelphia’s Global Women’s Initiative kicked off the summer with a clothing drive in support
of Career Wardrobe, a nonprofit organization that empowers women transitioning into the workforce.
9. Work hard and have fun. There are lots of things to get involved in – from sports teams and running clubs to volunteer programs. So take a turn at bat with our New York or softball team, run a 10K with Lawyers Have Heart in Washington, D.C., or help teach a child to read through Philadelphia Reads. Our office social hours, such as the weekly TGITs in New York and Friday happy hours in DC, give lawyers a chance to get to know each other over food and drinks.
10. Make new friends. Really. The firm is full of genuine people, not just lawyers. We get along, across offices, practices and cultures. “Feels like an atmosphere of friends here.”