About Grinnell Mutual Co-op Internship Program
Since 1909, Grinnell Mutual has been a trusted source of quality insurance, offering auto, home, farm, and business coverage. It is the largest direct reinsurer of farm mutual companies in North America, with over $1 billion in combined written premium and $132 billion insurance in force. As a mutual insurance company, Grinnell is owned by policyholders; provides insurance coverage for its members and policyholders; and its members are given the right to select management.
Grinnell Mutual offers paid co-op positions to accelerate college students from the classroom into the boardroom. The co-op positions typically last around eight months. Most co-op positions are January-August or May-December. The co-op positions are flexible and can be designed to work around student's school schedules or students can take the semester off and work full-time.
A co-op position at Grinnell Mutual means taking on exciting assignments and meaningful projects. It means field travel and networking with industry leaders. It means not only mentorships, but friendships.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
- Strong analytical skills, initiative, and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Ability to understand basic insurance terminology
- Commitment to 6–8 months, from eight hours a week up to 40 hours per week
- Must be open to working in any department within the company
- Number of Interns: 21 to 50
- Compensation/Benefits: Academic Credit, Paid, Stipend
- Academic Level: College Freshmen, College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate Students
- Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
- Co-op positions typically last around eight months
- Most co-op positions are January-August or May-December
- The co-op positions are flexible and can be designed to work around student's school schedules or students can take the semester off and work full-time
- Grinnell, IA
- West Des Moines, IA
- Go to https://grinnellmutual.com/about-us/careers
- Click on view our co-op opportunities
- Click on view our career opportunities
- Search for the job by title, category, or location
- Click on the title of the job "CO-OP"
- On the right side click on “Apply for this job online”
- Enter your email and follow the steps to fill out an iCims profile
- Upload your resume and complete the application
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
The current pandemic has upended schedules and lives and business, as usual, is not possible right now. But things are not standing still.
We understand that students want and need to continue educational pursuits both inside and outside the classroom, so Grinnell Mutual is honoring its commitment to our co-op/internship offers this summer with remote working opportunities or adjusting start dates where remote work isn’t possible.
As the situation evolves and it becomes safe to do so, we’ll offer more opportunities for co-op and internship positions. We hope to meet you soon!