About Ryan Summer Internship Program
Summer Internship Program
The Ryan internship Program provides opportunities for students to get hands-on experience working with subject matter experts in a specific tax field. They get the opportunity to work in a team-based environment while identifying tax-saving opportunities for Fortune 500 and 1000 clients. Interns will receive training and development to become the most seasoned state, local, federal, and international tax professionals in the industry. This internship program serves as the foundation to begin a full-time career with Ryan.
This program is intended for interns interested in state, local, federal, and international taxation. As an Intern you will work side by side with subject matter experts in a team-based environment to identify tax savings opportunities for Fortune 500 and 1,000 clients. Interns will receive training and development to become the most seasoned state, local, federal, and international tax professionals in the industry.
- Provide exceptional client service to multi-state companies by to identify tax savings opportunities
- Assist multi-state companies with state and local tax controversies, which includes preparing clients for discussions with auditors, representing the client at hearings and at appeal meetings, and preparing protests
- Research and draft technical memoranda regarding state and local tax questions or issues
- Respond to client inquiries and requests from tax authorities
- Review documentation and research issues
- Work with raw data to complete detailed calculations
Education and Experience:
- Working toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Real Estate or Economics.
- Anticipated graduation date within one year of internship
- Minimum Overall and Major GPA of 3.0
- Minimum of 6 – 12 Accounting hours depending on practice
Professional Skills Requirements:
- Work effectively in a fast pace, high-energy environment.
- Strong problem solving, attention to detail, and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and manage ambiguity.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels.
- Intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office applications, Outlook, and etc.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have intermediate knowledge of Microsoft® Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
- Number of Interns: 51 to 100
- Compensation/Benefits: Paid
- Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
- Hours: Full-time
- Academic Level: College Juniors, College Seniors, Graduate Students, Business School Students
- Degree Track: Associate’s Degree, Bachelor of Arts, Master of Business Administration
- Industry Experience: 0-1 year
- Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
- Dallas, TX
- National (US)
- Apply online at Ryan Careers
- Recruiters review all applications and determines who moves forward in the interview process
- If selected to move forward, the recruiter will reach out to complete a phone screen
- From there, candidates move forward to the interview stage with the hiring manager and team members. This stage is currently via zoom video call
- Depending on the team, you might complete one more round of interviews with additional team members
- From here, candidates will complete pre-employment requirements and then receive an offer
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please check our website for a list of current openings.
Erica Clausen and Emma Piercy