About Putnam Associates Internship Program
Putnam Associates is a premier strategy consulting firm serving pharmaceutical, biotechnology, diagnostics, medical device, and related clients in the healthcare space. For 30 years, we have provided objective, high impact strategic advice and analytical services, helping to support clients in crucial business decisions at all stages of the product and franchise lifecycle. Our firm’s exclusive focus on the life sciences industry allows us to quickly deliver superior value for our clients by providing clarity and insight to complex issues.
At Putnam, we pride ourselves on a team-based approach that is client focused and impact orientated. Putnam recruits from top undergraduate and graduate schools, as well as from industry, to build a strong culture and create a leading, innovative firm. Our teams work collaboratively on projects resulting in a powerful combination of research skills, analytical capabilities, therapeutic and consulting expertise. Consistently ranked as one of the top Consulting Firms by Vault, Putnam offers a unique opportunity to develop strong client relationships and acquire extensive knowledge of this dynamic industry.
Each summer, Putnam hires 2-3 rising seniors from top universities to spend 10 weeks assisting with casework while being exposed to a genuine consulting experience. Joining Putnam as a Summer Analyst is an excellent opportunity to gain insight on the strategic issues that face today’s pharmaceutical companies, as well as specific changes affecting the healthcare marketplace. Summer Analysts work in project teams of 4-7 individuals led by a Manager or Partner.
- Prepare and conduct primary research with physicians, patients, managed care
- Gather secondary research from healthcare literature and internal sources
- Analyze client and market data
- Work with project team to develop client presentations.
- Summer Analysts are also given the opportunity to design their own research projects and present the findings to the entire firm at the end of the summer.
At Putnam, we serve many of the industry leaders, including 14 of the top-20 global biopharmaceutical companies. Our diverse casework spans portfolio prioritization, development pathway and resource optimization, market assessment, product pricing and launch strategies, market segment growth strategies, sales force strategies, franchise development and patent expiration strategies.
- The perfect candidate for the Summer Intern position will be a rising senior whose educational background demonstrates success in quantitative and qualitative analysis and who is strongly considering consulting as a future career option.
- An interest in healthcare and pharmaceuticals is advantageous, as are previous scholastic, extra-curricular and internship-related experience that demonstrates analytical rigor and leadership capabilities.
- Please note that applications from graduate students, MBA students, current seniors or students who have already graduated will not be considered for this position.
Number of Interns: Less than 10
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Juniors
- Interested? Please check whether Putnam Associates recruits intern candidates at your Career Services Office or apply on our web site.
- A complete application includes: 1-page cover letter, describing your interest in the position & the firm, Resume, Undergraduate transcript (electronic copies are acceptable).
- Visit our website at www.putassoc.com for information about our firm or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline: Application deadline is February, 2022.
501 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02116