About Oliver Wyman Consulting Internship Program
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Their 4500+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities.
The firm’s capabilities and intellectual capital are enhanced by their deep industry expertise, geographic range, analytical rigor, and hands-on, collaborative approach. Their professionals see what others don't, challenge conventional thinking, and consistently deliver innovative, customized solutions. The firm also works side by side with senior executives to accelerate execution through a blend of behavioral and management approaches. As a result, they have a tangible impact on clients’ top and bottom lines. Clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Interns are considered professional members of Oliver Wyman and conduct the same role as entry-level consultants. Responsibilities include:
- Work in teams to solve high level business problems facing Fortune 1000 clients
- Structure and carry out essential research and data management
- Lead complex quantitative, strategic and financial analyses of corporations and businesses
- Participate on a project team with significant exposure to senior leadership of the firm
- Receive mentorship throughout the program
- Participate in a week of training
- Receive broad exposure to a variety of industries including: Automotive, Aviation, Communications, Financial Services, Energy, Health & Life Sciences, Media, Retail, Surface Transportation, and Technology.
The Intern Program is for talented, highly motivated rising seniors. It is a paid internship lasting upwards of 12 weeks, dependent on business needs and location of the internship.
Oliver Wyman looks for initiative, intuition and creativity with a strong background in problem solving and analytics. We do not require a specific academic major or industry experience and we value extracurricular activities and evidence of leading an interesting and impactful life outside of studies/work.
One of the best things we can do for our clients and ourselves is to recruit a diverse group of people who bring a broad range of strengths and backgrounds to their roles. Typically, interns are in their penultimate year of study. Please note: U.S. Work Authorization is required for U.S. office locations.
- Number of Interns: 51 to 100
- Compensation/Benefits: Paid
- Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
- Academic Level: College Juniors, Business School Students
- Boston, MA
- New York, NY
Please visit the Oliver Wyman application site to review vacancies &/or your University’s career site to see when we’ll be on campus.
Application Deadline: Deadlines vary by school. Please check the Careers Services office.
Please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers for more information on career development and opportunities at Oliver Wyman.