About Cornerstone Research Summer Analyst Internship Programc
Cornerstone Research is a consulting firm specializing in the analysis of complex financial, economic, accounting, and marketing issues. In recent years, Cornerstone Research has become one of the nation’s leading finance and economics consulting firms with more than 700 full-time staff members across eight offices.
To provide an introduction to the analyst position at Cornerstone Research, the summer analyst role closely mirrors that of the full-time position. Summer analysts work in case teams that range in size but typically include a faculty expert, senior consultants and analysts. Within a case team, the summer analyst makes important contributions during all phases of a project – from developing case strategy, to conducting analyses, to preparing experts for testimony. Case work has both quantitative and qualitative elements, involving such key responsibilities as conducting financial and economic modeling, examining market and industry behavior and presenting findings to colleagues and clients.
Cornerstone Research values the professional growth of its summer analysts and recognizes their contributions to clients and the firm. Consequently, many summer analysts choose to join Cornerstone Research full-time upon graduation. Cornerstone Research offers an industry-competitive compensation and benefits package.
To fill the limited number of Summer Analyst positions, Cornerstone Research seeks well-rounded, enthusiastic individuals who have demonstrated excellent academic performance. The firm encourages undergraduate candidates with strong analytical backgrounds, computer skills, and interest in business and economics to apply.
- Number of Interns: 21 to 50
- Compensation/Benefits: Paid
- Duration: 3 to 6 months
- Academic Level: College Juniors
- Boston, MA
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- Menlo Park, CA
- New York, NY
- San Francisco, CA
- Washington, DC
- London, UK
Interested candidates should send the following materials in application for the Summer Analyst position. Applications will only be considered once all materials have been received.
Summer Analyst Position
- Cover letter (indicating geographic/office preference, if any)
- A copy of your most recent college transcript
Please submit your application materials for the analyst position to:
At Cornerstone Research, we foster a strong, collegial culture, rooted in thriving teams. This emphasis on collaboration has enabled us to successfully adapt to the challenges arising from COVID-19. We continue to refine our approaches thoughtfully, in response to state and local guidance, and the client and employee feedback we solicit on an ongoing basis. Current initiatives include:
- Firmwide working-from-home model to ensure all employees’ health and safety
- Frequent office meetings with a focus on fun and community building
- Biweekly surveys to gauge workload, connectedness to colleagues, and overall well-being
- Regular communications from senior leaders about progress on firm decisions and continuing projects
- Team check-ins to promote positive, open communication
- Resources to help employees cope with challenging situations through support groups and information sharing
- Firmwide wellness offerings for employees to participate in activities such as virtual yoga and meditation
- Enhanced IT support and allowances for office equipment and supplies
Cornerstone Research is successfully operating and staying connected to our clients, experts, and to one another. We continue our recruiting activities to attract qualified applicants for consulting roles to join us in 2022. These efforts include:
- Summer internships: We remain committed to hosting the summer analysts and interns who will join us for a six-week, virtual program. If we are able to return to fully operational offices before June 15, an in-person option may be available.
- Virtual recruiting events: Throughout March and April, we hosted a number of virtual recruiting events, including information sessions and externships. We are prepared to offer additional virtual events in the summer and fall as needed (although we hope to see students on campus).