About Bates White Summer Analyst Internship Program
Bates White is a mid-sized consultancy specializing in advanced economic, financial and econometric analysis. The company's professional staff-among them economists, econometricians, financial analysts, and IT specialists-help law firms, corporations, and government entities address complex matters that require sophisticated problem solving and deep empirical analysis.
Summer Consultant Program
The Bates White Summer Consultant Program is an intensive 10-week internship that provides rising seniors with an opportunity to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities while making meaningful contributions to the firm. Participants receive extensive training and perform a mix of challenging and interesting quantitative and qualitative assignments. They work side-by-side with experienced professionals and interact with senior-level staff. Sponsors and Peer Coaches provide mentoring and help participants become acclimated to Bates White Economic Consulting.
Over the 10 weeks, Summer Consultants are assigned to work on a specific engagement or project. Under the direction of senior staff, Summer Consultants will have the opportunity to conduct research on various subjects and synthesize facts; analyze data and information; and prepare presentations and reports for internal and external audiences on multiple projects at different stages in the litigation process. Summer Consultants also contribute to the creation, maintenance, and utilization of databases and spreadsheets that further the development of analyses and materials for presentations and reports to clients and internal audiences. At the end of the summer, participants are evaluated for a full-time position upon graduation. The Summer Consultant Program is a great way to begin a career at Bates White as it provides a solid foundation upon which to build when returning after graduation.
The firm offers a competitive salary, paid holidays, and fun-filled summer outings. The program's events and social activities are especially popular. Ranging from city tours and sports outings to community service projects and dinner with senior leadership, these activities help you get to know employees across the firm.
- Bates White seeks individuals who are motivated by intellectually stimulating work, possess an outstanding academic record, and exude leadership qualities. An aptitude for numbers and analysis and strong writing skills are highly valued. The firm also looks for personal qualities that include creativity, energy, independence, self-confidence, and tenacity.
- Candidates should be current juniors (rising seniors) pursuing an undergraduate degree and maintaining an overall GPA of 3.3 or higher. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and experience using statistical software such as Stata is preferred.
- Bates White values candidates from diverse academic backgrounds and while training in economics is helpful, it is not a requirement.
- The Summer Consultant Program lasts for 10 weeks and Summer Consultants generally work 40-45 hours per week. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States.
Location: Washington, DC
For consideration, please submit a cover letter, resume, transcript, and writing sample that reflects your research and/or analysis of a particular issue to your school's career center website AND to the website (www.bateswhite.com). If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your application by the deadline posted on your school's career center website.
2001 K Street, NW
North Building, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20006
Phone: (202) 408-6110
Founder & Chairman: Charles E. Bates, PhD
Washington, DC (HQ)
- Antitrust & Competition
- Communications & Media
- Data Sciences & Statistics
- Environmental & Product Liability
- Intellectual Property
- International Arbitration & Trade
- Labor & Employment
- Life Sciences
- Public Policy & Regulatory Economics
- Transfer Pricing & Tax