Coronavirus Update: Our team is here to help our clients and readers navigate these difficult times. Visit our Resources page now »

Skip to Main Content
Sap America, Inc. logo

Sap America, Inc.
Related Internships: 
SAP Internship Program, SAP iXp (Internship Experience Project)


At a Glance


Good quality of life

Strong brand with global presence

Excellent working environment, with high-quality colleagues


Few women in senior positions

Scale of firm can make innovation difficult to achieve

Tough to stand out as an individual

The Bottom Line

With a huge global footprint and a reputation for excellence both in its field and in dealing with its employees, a job offer from SAP isn't something that most people spend too much time agonizing over. And once they take it, they tend to stick around for a number of years—a mark of the quality of life on offer at the firm.

About Sap America, Inc.

SAP America represents its German parent, SAP, in the US and other countries, providing software and services for managing accounting, distribution, human resources, and manufacturing functions. The company's products include business intelligence, enterprise resource planning, customer relationship management, and supply chain management software. SAP America offers industry-specific applications for markets ranging from aerospace and defense to wholesale distribution. Its services include consulting and support, as well as custom development and application hosting. SAP America accounts for about 40% of its parent company's sales.

Geographic Reach

SAP America is headquartered in Newtown Square, Pennsylvania and has a Canadian headquarters in Toronto. It operates from 30 offices across the US and Canada with locations in Silicon Valley, Vancouver, Chicago, Atlanta, Montreal, Dallas, Washington, Ottawa, Scottsdale, New York, and Boston.

SAP America relies on the US for 80% of its revenue, while other countries in the region, primarily Canada, Mexico, and Brazil, provide the other 20%.

Sales and Marketing

SAP America claims more than 187,300 customers in 25 industries. IT works with some 3,500 channel partners and distributors that focus on the small and midsize enterprise market.


Financial Performance

Revenue for SAP America increased 4% to €9.7 billion in 2018 from €9.3 billion in 2017. Sales in the US rose about 6%, but fell 4% in the rest of the Americas. Cloud subscription revenue advanced 27% in the Americas, but revenue from software licenses and software support revenue slipped about 6%.

Sap America, Inc.

3999 West Chester Pike
Newtown Square, PA 19073-2305
Phone: 1 (610) 661-1000

Firm Stats

Employer Type: Privately Owned
President: Rodolpho Cardenuto
CFO: Arlen Shenkman
COO, North America: Dave Spencer
Employees (This Location): 1,700
Employees (All Locations): 13,888

Major Office Locations

Newtown Square, PA

Other Locations

Scottsdale, AZ
Cardiff By The Sea, CA
Irvine, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Palo Alto, CA
San Ramon, CA
Boulder, CO
Greenwood Village, CO
Southington, CT
Miami, FL
Alpharetta, GA
Atlanta, GA
Brookhaven, GA
Downers Grove, IL
Westchester, IL
Burlington, MA
Westborough, MA
Bethesda, MD
Troy, MI
Minnetonka, MN
Edison, NJ
New York, NY
Cincinnati, OH
Houston, TX
Irving, TX
Plano, TX
Reston, VA
Bellevue, WA