About Vanguard College to Corporate Internship Program
Vanguard College-to-Corporate Internship
Vanguard is committed to doing what’s best for its investors. That means building client value from the inside out. In the College to Corporate Internship Program for Corporate Finance & Accounting, you’ll collaborate alongside a team of premier finance professionals at Vanguard to help strengthen the company’s future. Take a deep dive into an internship role within finance & accounting at a company that’s changing the way people invest-and make it count.
In this internship program, you will
- Immerse yourself in an internship assignment in a key corporate finance & accounting function at one of the world’s leading investment management companies such as Financial Planning & Analysis, Corporate Accounting, Fund Financial Services, or Finance Strategic Services
- Lead an assignment within the Finance function that will enhance your knowledge of one or more of the following: fiscal planning, financial modeling, financial performance reporting, risk management, mutual fund accounting and operations, or supporting a Finance shared services team such as Finance technology or corporate real-estate management
- Meet regularly with your department manager, internship program manager and others to receive personalized coaching and mentorship
- Cultivate new relationships in a fast-growing network of dedicated professionals working to do what’s right for the investor
- Deliver strategic insights and uncover new opportunities that directly affect the business and, by extension, clients
- Make decisions with impact
Your strong analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and conceptual creativity will help further your financial expertise as you prepare for your career in this field. At Vanguard, the corporate finance and accounting functions are the key to the firm's success. Vanguard invests internally to bring care and exceptional experiences to their clients. You’ll gain a broad view of the business structure, gaining invaluable experience in an organization the serves over twenty million clients worldwide. Upon successful completion of the program, you will have the opportunity to apply for a full-time position, including one of the Vanguard rotational programs. These opportunities are designed to provide a broad work-training experience prior to launching into your specific role.
- Passion for Finance or Accounting as enabling internal functions in an organization
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- All majors are considered, majors in finance, accounting, economics, mathematics, data analytics, or statistics preferred
- Ability to work well independently and as a part of a high-performing team
- Professional presence and demeanor working with colleagues and management
- Adaptability, the ability to learn quickly and to take initiative
- Effective communication, analytical, leadership, and problem-solving skills
- Results-oriented with the ability to lead several priorities
At this time Vanguard is only considering candidates that will not now, or in the future, need sponsorship or other immigration support to obtain US work authorization
This program is a full-time, paid summer internship
The start date for this program will be May/June 2022
Acceptance into the program is contingent upon a successful drug-screening result
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science
Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
Those who may be interested in opportunities at Vanguard can visit the careers site to explore offerings for students and recent graduates. From there, you can view the internships page to learn more details about the business and technology internships across three U.S. locations (https://www.vanguardjobs.com/students-and-graduates/internships/).
Once you have clicked on the internship that interests you, you will be able to view the qualifications and job details associated with that role. At the top of the page, there is a button for you to apply. You will be asked to create a job profile to join the Vanguard Talent Community and from there you will complete the application for the internship which includes submission of a resume and past employment information.
All applications are accepted until the positions close.
Vanguard College to Corporate Internship
400 Devon Park Drive
Wayne, PA 19087