Skip to Main Content

About Tai Fook Securities Group (Taifook Securities)

Brokering across Hong Kong and China

Taifook Securities Group, one of Hong Kong’s leading brokerage firms, offers capital markets, asset management and securities brokerage services to a large number of institutional and corporate investors, as well as over 120,000 individual investors.  The firm, which employs about 900 people, is now over 60 percent owned by NWS Holdings Limited, a Hong Kong-based investment holding company.

Established in 1973, Taifook has been listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange since 1996.  Taifook has 10 branches in Hong Kong and Macau and six investment consultancy centers in mainland China in Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Hangzhou and Xiamen.  The firm has underwritten or placed shares for over 200 companies in Hong Kong on IPOs and secondary placements and has also advised on more than 250 mergers and acquisitions, asset exchange, and debt restructuring transactions.

Areas of focus

Taifook operates in six main areas.  Its broking segment engages in securities, futures, options, and gold bullion contracts broking and dealing.  Margin and other financing handles margin financing, as well as personal and commercial loans to individuals and corporations.  Corporate advisory offers placement and underwriting services.  The trading and investment segment engages in investment holding in addition to trading of securities, futures, options and bullion contracts.  Taifook also offers financial planning and advisory services, as well as fund management, custodian and handling services, and leveraged foreign exchange trading.  In March 2007, Taifook expanded its asset management business with the acquisition of Kingsway Fund Management Limited.

True believer

Demonstrating its belief that Taifook is a promising player in the Hong Kong and China markets, NWS Holdings increased its stake in the brokerage to over 60 percent in June 2007.  NWS had held 21.5 percent of Taifook since 2003 and had been its largest shareholder.  NWS paid $77 million for another 41 percent of Taifook, which brought its total stake to 62.5 percent.

Memorable player

Taifook’s financial services have been recognized with a number of awards.  For nine consecutive years, the firm has been named the Best Equity House in Hong Kong by international and local publications, including FinanceAsia, Asiamoney and Euromoney.  In January 2008, Capital magazine named Taifook its Best Brokerage Company for 2007.  For 2009, the firm garnered more awards and accreditation, one of which was being among the Best Top Ten Stock Pick Brokers in the StarMine Brokers Ranking 2009.

Tai Fook Securities Group (Taifook Securities)

25th Floor, New World Tower
16-18 Queen's Road Central
Phone: +852-2848-4333

Firm Stats

Employer Type: Public
Stock Symbol: 0665
Stock Exchange: HKSE
Chairman: Kar Shun Cheng
2009 Employees (All Locations): 997