About Discover Financial Services Internship Program
Discover Financial Services (NYSE: DFS) is a direct banking and payment services company with one of the most recognized brands in U.S. financial services. Since its inception in 1986, the company has become one of the largest card issuers in the United States. The company issues the Discover card, America's cash rewards pioneer, and offers private student loans, personal loans, home loans, checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit and money market accounts through its direct banking business. It operates the Discover Network, with millions of merchant and cash access locations; PULSE, one of the nation's leading ATM/debit networks; and Diners Club International, a global payments network with acceptance in more than 185 countries and territories.
Program Overview: The Discover Internship Program (DIP) is a dynamic training program that provides participants with:
- Challenging project assignments that support Discover’s strategic priorities and objectives
- A dedicated Program Manager to provide leadership continuity, ongoing performance feedback and coaching on career direction
- Hand-selected Internship Managers identified for their business acumen and effectiveness in managing and developing people
- Cross-functional knowledge, experience and contacts
- Ongoing developmental training
- An experienced and committed mentor
- Access and exposure to our senior leadership team This program is recognized as a major corporate asset and receives direct support of Discover executives.