Citi Institutional Clients Group logo

Citi Institutional Clients Group

212 Employee Reviews
“Citi Latam Markets Analyst Program (Sales and Trading "Trainee" Mexico)”
July 2020CURRENT EMPLOYEE

Program appears good on the paper. Above average pay or entry level in Mexico. Exposure to Sales and Trading leadership.

Signed up for a 1 year program including 2 six month rotations in different desks of sales and trading, and possibly being assigned to a desk after an evaluation by the end of the program. A six week training in New York was part of the program, with all of the Americas Sale and Trading "Trainees" attending. After three months into the program we were told that the program was now going to consist of a two year Internship with 2 six month rotations in different desks of sales and trading, and 1 year in one of these 2 desks or a third desk, depending on reviews by managers, intern interests and availability. The six week training in NY was cancelled due to coronavirus (totally understandable). Neither of the two actually happened, almost one year into the program I´m still in the same desk (Markets Treasury), not doing any finance related work, pretty much doing system conciliation work with VLOOKUPS in excel and filling up forms all day long.

Advice to Candidates

Be sure to be applying at the area the you actually want, switching once inside is not that simple. Citi is a huge bank, a lot of bureaucracy. Sales and Trading is becoming more of a systems type of work. If you are into coding, systems and SOME finance, then it is for you. If you are more into financial and/or economic analysis, you won't be doing much in this area.

Uppers Downers Advice to Candidates Interview Process Review Sample Interview Questions Salary & Benefits Review Career Development Review Quality of Life Review Diversity Review Business Outlook Review