About CBIZ MHM, LLC Internship Program
With offices in most major metropolitan areas and suburban cities throughout the U.S., CBIZ, Inc. delivers financial services as well as benefits and insurance services through its two core divisions, CBIZ MHM, LLC and CBIZ Benefits & Insurance Services, Inc., respectively.
Our Core Values guide our efforts at CBIZ, and two reigning values are “We do the right thing” and “Our people matter”. The safety and health of our team members remains our priority, and has been intensified during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our Crisis Team and CEO provide consistent direction and guidance to our team members. Communications and resources include: coronavirus protection measures, prioritizing your wellbeing (physical, social, community, financial and purpose), working remotely effectively, increased IT support and new virtual meeting technology, revised travel policies, suspension of client field work, enhanced employee benefits, virtual activity guides and newsletters to keep our teams engaged, suggestions for virtual volunteering and supporting your community, and addition of supportive e-learning courses, articles, and videos to our Learning Management System.
In addition, we are conducting regular Pulse Surveys to monitor team member engagement and respond accordingly. Finally, our national recruiting office has continued to conduct interviews virtually and remains in constant contact with our applicants and interns.
Internships in Audit, Tax, Advisory and the firm's specialty practice are open to students currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program. The primary responsibilities of this position include:
- Gain an understanding and assist in planning multiple audit assignments for MHM in Real Estate, Construction, Nonprofit, Manufacturing and many more industries
- Prepare and review federal and state tax returns for CBIZ for partnerships, C corporations, S corporations and individuals
- Develop tax compliance knowledge and assist with IRS audits, tax notice response, trust returns, gift and estate returns
- Execute solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures relative to individual client assignments
- Participate in client assignments from beginning to end
- Identify and communicate audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities with senior associates, managers and partners to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships
- Pledge to provide exceptional service to every client by providing individual attention, responsiveness and commitment to understanding their goals and needs
- Maintain and comply with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct
An internship with CBIZ MHM is intended to provide:
- Exposure to meaningful work
- An introduction to CBIZ culture
- A chance to network with experienced partners, managing directors, leading professionals and fellow interns
- An opportunity to expand classroom theories into practice
- The potential to earn a highly competitive wage
- The experience of working in an office environment
- Working towards a Bachelor's degree; Master’s degree in Accounting, Taxation or related field preferred
- Active participation in student organizations or work experience in accounting or a related field is a plus, but not required
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, research and audit project management skills, including basic knowledge of GAAP, Taxation compliance, codes and regulations and GAAS rules, procedures and standards
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer and technical skills including, Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, intranet and tax/audit software
Number of Interns: 101 or more
Academic Level: College Sophomores, College Juniors, College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate Students
Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Other
CBIZ partners with university career centers across the country to attend on-campus events such as career fairs and networking events. Many offices conduct on-campus interviews. They recommend that you look for job postings on your local university’s career services job boards. If you do not see any CBIZ postings on your campus, please visit www.CBIZ.jobs to see where they are hiring and to complete an application for your desired location.
Application Deadline: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
If you are interested in CBIZ but they do not have a position open for you at your desired time, please join the Talent Network, https://careers.cbiz.com/join, to receive relevant communications and to upload your resume into the database.
CBIZ MHM, LLC Internship
Katie Carrothers, National Campus Recruiting
CBIZ MHM, LLC
700 W. 47th Street
Kansas City, MO 64112
If you have questions, please email CampusRecruiting@CBIZ.com.