About BDO USA Internship Program
BDO USA, LLP is the U.S. member firm of BDO International Ltd., one of the world’s largest accounting and advisory organizations serving the middle market, with more than 91,000 people working out of over 1,600 offices in 167 countries. BDO USA has more than 65 offices and approximately 8,063 employees, including 670 partners. In 2020, BDO USA’s revenues were $1.8 billion. BDO provides assurance, tax, advisory, and digital services to a wide range of publicly traded and privately held companies.
The firm's industry expertise includes asset management; financial institutions and specialty finance; government contracting; healthcare; hospitality and leisure; insurance; life sciences; manufacturing and distribution; natural resources; nonprofit and education; private equity; professional services; public sector; real estate and construction; restaurants; retail and consumer products; and technology.
BDO has two internship programs - the Core Tax Internship and the Audit / Assurance Internship.
Core Tax Internship
The Core Tax Services Intern is responsible for utilizing his / her educational background as well as organizational skills in the service of firm's client base through the preparation of returns and extensions under the supervision of more experienced Core Tax Services professionals. This opportunity allows interns to gain a unique hands-on perspective on the firm’s practices and people, as well as to forge essential working relationships for career success.
Audit (Assurance) Internship
The Audit / Assurance Intern is responsible for utilizing his / her educational background as well as organizational skills in the service of firm's client base. Interns assist in problem solving and fact-finding, working side-by-side with more experienced team members who provide direction, coaching and learning opportunities. This opportunity allows interns to gain a unique hands-on perspective on the firm’s practices and people, as well as to forge essential working relationships for career success.
- Enrolled in a Bachelors or Master’s program in Accounting or other relevant field required
- Pursuing a Master’s degree in Accounting or other relevant field preferred
- Leadership experience preferred
- Actively pursuing school credits to become a CPA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Other Preferred Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions as directed
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Number of Interns: 101 or more
- Compensation/Benefits: Paid
- Duration: 6 to 12 weeks
- Hours: Full-time
- Academic Level: College Juniors, College Seniors, Recent College Graduates, Graduate
Students, Business School Students, Law School Students
- Degree Track: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Juris Doctor, Master of Business Administration, Master of Science
- Minimum GPA Preferred: 3.00-3.49
- San Francisco, CA
All interested applicants must apply via our corporate website at www.bdo.com/careers/students.
Materials to be submitted: Application
Application Deadline: Deadlines vary depending upon the position.
BDO USA LLP
330 North Wabash
Chicago, IL 60611
Phone: 415 490-3319
330 North Wabash Avenue
Chicago, IL 60601
Phone: (312) 856-9100
CEO: Wayne Berson
Los Angeles, CA
Orange County, CA
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
Coral Gables, FL
West Palm Beach, FL
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Winter Haven, FL
Grand Rapids, MI
St. Louis, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Long Island, NY
New York, NY
Fort Worth, TX
San Antonio, TX
Salt Lake City, UT
Greater Washington D.C.