Specifically--as you'll see if you watch the full video below--Weigend is addressing the need for older employees to keep in touch with younger colleagues in order to learn about the emerging technologies they use. The idea, of course, is that the older employees can create value by leveraging those technologies in conjunction their own experience.
In case you're wondering who this Andreas Weigend chap is, he's a former Chief Scientist at Amazon.com, and a current leading academic in the field of marketing. He is addressing the upcoming World Innovation Forum--which Vault will be covering--on the following issues:
- Marketing in the web 2.0: Beyond cutting costs and optimizing business processes
- What are the implications for new business models products and services?
- A world of abundance: Making the most of quantitative and qualitative data
- Social networks and the new uses of data: The power of social recommendations and behavioral targeting
- Lessons from the inside: What we can learn from Amazon
--Posted by Phil Stott, Vault.com
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews