• Couch potato crash: It could be a headline from The Onion, but it’s not: Man Pleads Guilty to DWI in Motorized La-Z-Boy.
• Sand in the crotch: Florida judge rules against man who claims that defective briefs caused painful injury during his Hawaii vacation (via ATL). (The decision itself is worth a read; like many opinions, much of the fun is in the footnotes.)
• Season’s greetings: While some lawyers celebrate the holidays with Bon Jovi, others will spend Christmas stacking the shelves at their client’s supermarket.
• “I will be damned if I have a devil-worshipper on my team”: A sales manager reportedly fired for celebrating the Wiccan New Year (a/k/a Halloween) claims religious discrimination.
• For law lovers (with thanks to RollOnFriday): If you’re a barrister with “super research skills and legal drafting skills,” know your Nietzsche from your Foucault, and have “a sense of humor or sufficient intelligence to be able to pretend you have one,” then there might just be a spot for you at this New Zealand law firm, home of Evgeny Orlov, bewigged philosopher king.
- posted by vera
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews