Are you sorting through dozens of firms for your OCI bid list, researching a firm before a callback interview, or just trying to understand your legal practice options? Vault’s new law app is here to help! Now you can research firm stats, read insider quotes, compare firms, and explore practice areas with a swipe and a click. Read on to learn more about the Vault Law app’s features and tools.
What resources are available on the Vault Law app?
- Vault Law Firm Rankings: Use the app to review dozens of law firm rankings. Vault’s rankings focus on factors most important to today’s legal job seekers: prestige, practice area, region, diversity, and quality of life. Vault’s law firm rankings are based on ratings we receive from over 20,000 law firm associates nationwide.
- Vault Law Firm Profiles: Explore what it is really like to work at a particular firm through insider insights from real associates who work there. Vault’s law firm profiles also include a detailed firm overview, firm stats, employment contact, summer program data, and recent firm news. Firms also share their own take on life at the firm on their “Why Work Here” pages.
- Practice Area Resources: Read in-depth descriptions of dozens of practice areas, including recommended classes and potential career paths. We also feature Q&As with more than 100 lawyers across dozens of practice areas for a firsthand look into what each practice area is really like.
- Law Firm Comparison Tool: Vault’s comparison tool allows you to compare up to five law firms at a time. With a simple swipe, you can compare firm statistics, associate reviews, and rankings to help you better determine which firm is right for you—whether you’re creating a bid list, preparing for an interview, or deciding between offers.
When should you use the app?
- When you’re learning about practice areas. It can be difficult to decide what type of law to practice when you’re in law school and haven’t had real-world experience yet. Vault’s practice area overviews provide descriptions of more than 25 practice areas, plus recommended law school courses and potential career paths for each practice. And when you’re ready to learn about the ins and outs of a practice area, our Q&As with practicing attorneys provide you with a firsthand perspective of practicing in a specific area and also practicing in that area in a particular firm.
- When you’re researching law firms. Research is an important step when you’re narrowing your target firm list, but it can be hard to know where to begin. Our law firm rankings are the perfect starting point when it comes to figuring out which firms may be a fit for you. With 14 regional rankings, 2 regional midsize rankings, 27 practice area rankings, diversity rankings, summer associate program rankings, and quality of life rankings, Vault’s rankings will guide you to firms that excel in your priority areas. Once you’ve used the rankings to come up with a list of firms, you can learn more about each one by diving into their law firm profiles. Through Vault’s profiles, you can learn about important firm stats, like major departments, compensation, billable-hours requirements, summer program offers, and more. You can also gain an insider perspective by reading anonymous quotes from real associates, and you can learn more about the firm’s work by reading its recent news, notable matters, and awards and recognitions.
- When you’re preparing for interviews. In a law firm interview, it’s important that you’re prepared to discuss details about that firm. This includes being able to answer, “Why this firm?” and ask your interviewers thoughtful questions in return. Our law firm profiles help you understand each law firm’s strengths, specialties, and what sets it apart from other firms so you can show your interviewers you’re genuinely interested. And don’t forget about our practice area resources at this stage of the game. These resources will help you prepare for interview questions about your intended area of practice—and why you are drawn to it.
- When you’re deciding between firms. Whether you’re compiling your OCI bid list or deciding between multiple offers, it’s important to distinguish between firms to make the best decision for your career. The law firm comparison tool allows you to look at firms side-by-side to see which one best aligns with your career goals.
And now that all of this information is available on your mobile device, you can do a quick refresh during those final few minutes before a screener, callback, or networking reception!
The Vault Law app would not have been possible without the support of our innovative law firm sponsors. To learn more about the top-ranked firms that sponsored the app, check out their profiles, which feature Vault Verified insights from their associates, including the below “uppers.” Click the following links to read more associate quotes—or look the firms up on the app!
- Hogan Lovells
- “My incredibly talented but also kind colleagues.”
- Kirkland & Ellis
- “Sophisticated, complex work and responsibility early.”
- Latham & Watkins
- “Challenging work in a collegial environment.”
- Paul Hastings
- “The partners are brilliant and caring.”
- Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- “The attorneys at this firm really do treat each other like family and genuinely respect each other.”
The Vault Law app is now available on Apple and Android devices for students at Vault Campus law schools. It’s easy to sign up for the Vault Law app using your law school email address. Get the app now, and start preparing for OCI bidding or law firm interviews, compare target firms, and research practice areas. Don’t wait! Every student at a Vault Campus school who downloads the app and creates a profile between now and October 31 will automatically be entered to win a $100 Amazon.com gift card.
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews