• No ‘special ‘ bonuses in a non-special economy.
• “Don’t try to be funny” and other advice on taking law school exams.
• Another grim milestone in the decline of the newspaper industry: The Chicago Tribune files Chapter 11 (and taps Sidley as debtors’ counsel). And things aren’t exactly looking up for The Gray Lady of 43rd Street, as The New York Times is looking to borrow $225 million against its midtown HQ.
• Speaking of bankruptcy, one of the questions posed by has been answered: Jones Day has been hired to advise Chrysler on a possible Chapter 11 filing.
• Here is a snippet from today’s WSJ law blog: “ We like the lead written by Am Law Daily’s Zach Lowe so much that we’re just going to rip it off wholesale: “It’s beginning to seem like it would be more newsworthy to find a firm that isn’t laying off attorneys (either openly or by stealth).”
And here is this blog two weeks ago:
“Which firms won’t lay off associates in the next couple of months? This has replaced “which firms will?” as fodder for speculative frenzy…”
So, compliment accepted!
-posted by brian
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews