When writing a CV for a job in the charity sector the most important point to focus on is obviously any volunteer or charity work that you have been involved in. Travel and languages are extremely relevant to the sector, so if you speak several languages dont lump them together under skills, make them stand out by creating a language section. In some cases, your educational background may take a back seat to employment and work experience; however, if you have furthered your education beyond bachelor degree level, make that clear. Above all, due to the nature of the sector you must prove that you are passionate and dedicated to the cause.
Flat 2-10 Big Ben Road " London, United Kingdom, XYZ SW1
Phone: +44 (0)7000 000000"firstname.lastname@example.org
September 2005 - June 2006: University of Studies
MA European Society
September 2002 - June 2005: University of Knowledge
BA Modern Languages (French, Spanish and Italian) 2.2
Policy Research Assistant, TOXFAM " London
- Collating and analysing quantitative and qualitative data, analysing and interpreting primary and secondary materials, preparing background papers and briefing documents.
- Occasionally representing Toxfam at meetings with governments, intergovernmental agencies, multilateral institutions, international financial institutions and the media.
May 2005-January 2006
Fundraising Team Leader, Penn & Bales Charity Call Centre " London
I joined Penn & Bales as a part-time telephone fundraiser and after three months I was promoted to team leader.
My responsibilities included:
- Managing a team of 25 fundraising operatives
- Compiling weekly reports
- Training new employees and running workshops
- Coordinating new charity campaigns
September 2004-April 2005
Student Services Officer, University of Knowledge Student Union " London
- Dealing with day-to-day student queries
- Coordinating and promoting events
- Processing student cards and other administrative duties
- Building houses for Un Techo Para Chile in the North of Chile
- Teaching English at underprivileged schools in Honduras
- English and Spanish (Fluent)
- Italian (Intermediate)
- IT Packages - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, SPSS
- Strong research, writing and analytical skills
References available upon request
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews