If the number of people buying Vault’s Guide to Starting Your Own Business is an unscientific indicator of entrepreneurial interest, going at it alone is increasing in popularity.
The need for entrepreneurial education is increasing and events like NYC Start-Up aim to give future and current entrepreneurs the tools to tackle this career/lifestyle.
Pegged as an “interactive forum designed to provide practical information to high level business professionals interested in starting their own business”, NYC Start-Up will cover a range of topics including:
· Is Entrepreneurship Right for You? How to go from a corporate structure to being on your own
· Trends & Market Opportunities: Businesses that require little to no capital
· What is Available to You When Starting a Business: Funding, resources and support
· How’d They Do That? Discussions with successful entrepreneurs
· The First 5 Steps to Getting Started: Funding, legal, technology, staffing, marketing
This event will take place in Manhattan on June 24th and features Vault Co-Founder, Samer Hamadeh, as one of more than a dozen speakers. The impressive roster also includes David S. Kidder, Co-Founder & CEO of Clickable, Maria Gotsch, President of the New York City Investment Fund, and Alex Ferrara, VP, Bessemer Venture Partners.
There is a fee to attend, but we have a special discount code for Pink Slipped Readers so you can save 20%: VC624
Click here for more details or to register
If you don’t live in the New York Metro area or can’t make the event, you can buy our entrepreneurship guide at a 20% discount using promo code BK20 at checkout.
--Posted by Missa Goehring, Manager, Audience Development
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews