Courtesy of Cheezhead, via career expert Alison Doyle of About.com's Job Searching blog, here are five great new job sites that you'd be wise to check out during your search. Quoth the Cheez:
• www.visualcv.com: Allows users to create a resume that “comes alive with informational keyword pop-ups, video, pictures, and social networking.”
• www.linkup.com: Bills itself as a way into the “hidden” job market and promises only real jobs from real companies.
• www.realmatch.com: Matches applicants only with employers that appear to make a good fit.
• www.standoutjobs.com: An “interactive career site that leverages social media tools and principles, including video, blogging and widgets.”
• www.glassdoor.com: Allows users to find “real-time reviews, ratings and salary details about specific jobs for specific employers - all for free.”
Cheezhead says that their favorite search site remains LinkedIn. I'm a fan as well, although recently I've been posting an awful lot about Twitter. I have yet to really gain a solid grasp on the best way to tweet for networking and job search purposes, but I will say that it is an extremely useful source of (constant) information, the depth and quality of which is something of a revelation.
Are you using any of these newer, more social networking-oriented job sites? Which have been your favorites in the past, and where have you found success?
--Posted by Steven Schiff, Vault News & Commentary
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews