When it comes to internship interviews, it's all about behavioral questions. And while you probably know that you need to have solid answers to questions like "Tell me about your strengths and weaknesses" and "Tell me about a time you worked on a team," you might not know that you'll need airtight answers to numerous other questions as well.
To that end, below we've include some of the most common interview questions that top internship programs now ask. All of these questions come directly from our latest Internship Survey, which was administered late last summer to more than 12,000 interns at 110 internship programs and which we used to create our 2018 Internship Rankings.
1. “Why did you choose your major?”
2. “Why do you want to intern here?”
3. “Walk me through your resume.”
4. “What have you done in the past that separates you from your peers?”
5. “Name one of your weaknesses and what you’re doing today to turn that weakness around.”
6. “How do you deal with team members who are not pulling their weight?”
7. "Tell me about a time when you failed at something and how you overcame it.”
8. “Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with someone, perhaps another employee, and how it was resolved.”
9. “Tell me about your leadership experience. Tell me of a time when you have demonstrated leadership and how did you lead.”
10. “Tell about a time where you encountered a problem at work. How did you go about handling that problem?”
11. “Name a time when you faced adversity. How did you handle it?”
12. “Give me an example of when you went above and beyond your responsibilities without being asked.”
13. “Explain a time that you needed to persuade a group of people to choose your idea over someone else’s.”
14. “What is something that you have sold before? Okay, sell it to us.”
15. “What is something that you are most proud of that is not listed on your resume?”
16. "What is one word that you would like us to remember about you?”
17. “Can you tell me about some concept you learned in a class but describe it to me like I've never heard of it before?"
18. “Describe a time where you had to improve an existing process."
19. “What are your greatest accomplishments?”
20. ”Tell me about the hardest, most challenging thing you have ever done.”
21. “You have 60 seconds to sell me on hiring you. Go.”
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews