A record number of accountants have replied to our survey this year, and below is a quick quiz (answers at bottom) that highlights some of our findings thus far. (Note that more specific company findings as well as the complete ranking of the 50 most prestigious accounting firms in North America will be released this summer.) Good luck.
1. What percentage of respondents have a master's degree in accounting?
2. Approximately what percentage of respondents previously held internships at their current firm?
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is completely unsatisfied and 10 is completely satisfied, what is the average rating respondents give to their satisfaction with the number of hours they spend working?
4. On a scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is inadequate and 10 extremely generous, what is the average rating respondents give to their compensation?
5. What percentage of respondents received a bonus in 2009?
6. What percentage of respondents say their firms offer free dinners to staff?
7. What percentage of respondents say their firms offer free or subsidized gym memberships to staff?
8. What percentage of respondents rate their firm's business outlook a 9 or 10 (on a scale of 1 to 10 where 1 is "in a precarious position" and 10 is "well positioned to thrive"):
9. Which was the single most important factor to respondents when deciding to accept their firm's offer over others?
10. What percentage of respondents say that, knowing what they know now, they would make the same decision about which firm to join?
BONUS: Which is the most popular master's in accounting program among respondents?
(a)University of Texas at Austin
(b)University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
(c)University of South Carolina
(d)University of Georgia
Answers: (1) b, (2) b, (3) a, (4) a, (5) b, (6) d, (7) c, (8) c, (9) b, (10) d, (BONUS) c & d (tie)
1-3: prepare to be audited
4-7: your assets and liabilities don’t balance
8-11: your income statement is in the black
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews