- Work part-time while in school (within limits established by your program of study).
- Work during all vacation periods and save as much as you can to pay for your in-school expenses.
- Try to obtain Federal Work Study.
- Ask your family for assistance.
Here are some suggestions on how to cut your expenses:
- Find a roommate to share housing and other living expenses. A single apartment can substantially increase your debt burden.
- Consider reducing entertainment expenses, such as dining out.
- Look into economical entertainment options within your school's community. Call the local recreation department or talk to fellow students.
- Consider public transportation. In the long run, it may be cheaper to rent a car for occasional excursions than it is to pay for insurance, parking, and fuel.
- Know where to find the local discount stores. Use coupons. Look for sales.
- Refrain from taking on further debt such as credit cards or consumer loans.
Want to be found by top employers? Upload Your Resume
Join Gold to Unlock Company Reviews