Your Career at AstraZenecaAstraZeneca is one of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies, with a broad range of medicines designed to fight disease in important areas of healthcare. Backed by strong science and wide-ranging commercial skills, we are committed to sustainable development of our business and the delivery of new medicines that make a difference in the lives of patients and create value for our shareholders and wider society. We focus our resources on six therapy areas where we believe our skills and resources can make the most difference. These areas include some of the world's most serious illnesses and together represent a major worldwide burden of disease: cancer, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, infection, neuroscience, pain and respiratory & inflammation.
With over 67,000 employees in Europe, the Americas, Asia, and Africa, we’re proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Here, employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives - and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity. We have received many honors, including:
- Fortune World's Most Admired Companies list (2009)
- Woman Engineer Magazine's 18th Annual "Top 50 Employers" (2008)
- The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers (2007-2008)
- CEO Cancer Gold Standard Reaccreditation, CEO Roundtable on Cancer (2008 & 2009)
- 100 Best Companies for Working Mothers by Working Mother Magazine (2002 - 2008)
- 100 Best Companies to Work For in America by Fortune Magazine* (2008) *Only large pharmaceutical company included on the list
- Diversity MBA Magazine Top 50 Companies in Diversity Leadership (2008)
- Men's Fitness Top 15 Fittest Companies in America (2008)
- The Scientist Best Places to Work in Industry (2008)
- Fit-Friendly Company Award, American Heart Association (2007)
- Top Employer, Science Magazine (2002 - 2007)
In 2007, one of the world’s leading vertically integrated biotechnology businesses was created through the consolidation of AstraZeneca’s biologics activities, the former MedImmune Inc., and Cambridge Antibody Technology. Today, MedImmune, wholly owned by AstraZeneca, is committed to advancing science to develop better medicines that help people live healthier, longer and more satisfying lives. To explore career opportunities with MedImmune, please visit www.medimmune.com/careers/. No matter how much information we give you, nothing is as valuable as first-hand testimonials. Take a look at our employee profile videos and see what real AstraZeneca employees have to say about our company and the work we do.visit our student site, AZandU.com.