Interns & Co-ops: The Future Talent Program - Merck & Co.
Our university recruiting efforts help us grow in a highly competitive industry. Your fresh ideas, unique perspectives and fundamental knowledge are important assets that can help shape the future of this company.
Attracting, Developing and Retaining Top Talent: Interns and Co-ops The Merck Future Talent Program for interns and co-ops is designed to provide exemplary university students with the opportunity to work on meaningful assignments and gain real-world experience. Assignments include:
- Internship: 10-to-12 week assignment occurring between May and August.
- Co–op: 4-or-more-month assignment occurring throughout the calendar year.
The Merck Future Talent Program provides:
- Real-world experience aligned to a course of study
- Competitive pay, along with subsidized housing and transportation for those who qualify
- Organized social and professional development events
The Merck Future Talent Program Video Overview
Future Talent Program Q&A
Q. What are the basic requirements to work at Merck as an intern or co-op?
A. All intern or co-op candidates must be:
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Enrolled in school full-time working towards a bachelor's, master's, MBA or PhD and have completed at least one full year at college prior to beginning their assignment ;
- All candidates must apply to a specific position requisition at: www.merck.com/careers
Q. How do I apply for an internship or co-op assignment?
A. All interested candidates must apply at www.merck.com/careers . We are unable to accept applications through any other method.
Q. Are Merck's internships paid assignments?
A. Yes, All Merck internships and co-operative assignments are paid assignments
Q. Does Merck provide housing for interns?
A. Yes. Merck is proud to offer a housing and transportation benefit to interns who are eligible and qualify for this benefit.
Q. Where in the U.S. can I work?
A. In 2010, Merck interns and co-ops worked at 22 sites across the U.S. For a complete list of Merck locations visit our website www.merck.com/careers . Please note that not all internship or co-op assignments are available at all locations
Q. When do I need to apply and when will I hear a response?
A. We encourage candidates to apply early. Our positions are typically posted in the fall and we ask that all candidates apply no later than February 1st. Offers are made on a rolling basis throughout the fall, winter and early spring. If you apply to a position online, you will be notified of your status.
Q. How will I be notified of the status of my application?
A. You will be notified by email or phone regarding your status.