Highlights Nixon Peabody LLP
About Nixon Peabody LLP
Nixon Peabody LLP is a full-service law firm that helps clients navigate complex challenges in industry-leading practices, including Corporate Law and Finance, Health Care, Intellectual Property, Litigation, Labor and Employment, and Real Estate, among others. With approximately 700 attorneys throughout the U.S., Europe, and Asia, our focus is on working collaboratively to serve clients ranging from private individuals and entrepreneurs, to large corporations and financial institutions. Employing innovative and client-centered approaches, our attorneys help to anticipate and capture opportunities, prepare for and manage risks, protect intellectual property, and forecast and overcome obstacles. We are committed to the clients we serve, the communities in which we serve them, and the diverse professionals who have helped make Nixon Peabody a “Best Law Firm.”
Our offices are located in Boston, Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC, Rochester, Albany, Buffalo, Long Island, Manchester, and Providence, and internationally in Shanghai, Hong Kong, and London.
The Meaning of Full Service
“Full service” means more than just our wide array of practices. It also informs our approach to serving clients.
- Holistic: We don’t only solve legal problems; we look at what we can do to help a client’s business succeed. Through our vast array of contacts we are able to bring added value to our clients by facilitating advantageous business connections. Our NP Capital Connector program is an advancement beyond the usual ad hoc marrying of start-ups with investors, institutionalizing a cross-firm platform for entrepreneurial networking and financing.
- Collaborative: Partnering with clients starts with understanding their businesses and industries intimately. Like a trusted partner, we’re responsive to business needs and proactive in our approach to finding the best solutions. Our commitment to collaboration is why many of our client relationships can be measured in years, not hours.
- Experienced: We offer clients a deep bench of skilled professionals across a range of legal needs, from the seasoned courtroom veterans of our NP Trial team to our award-winning deal teams. Our experience means we can handle even the most complex challenges effectively.
- Efficient: We know how to limit our clients’ risks, without limiting their options. Our commitment to Nixon Peabody Project Management (NPPM) also ensures we manage the work we do for our client as closely and professionally as our clients manage their own business. We’re focused on providing the right lawyers when—and where—our clients need them.
- Innovative: Thinking outside of the box is built into our DNA at Nixon Peabody. It encourages us to think ahead for our clients so we can help them anticipate challenges and opportunities. We are also one of the only global law firms to have a partner in the role of Chief Innovation Officer.
- Collegial: Specialty and geography are not boundaries at Nixon Peabody. Our attorneys genuinely like each other and easily work together across practices and offices to serve clients. Associates are given substantive work and are valued as integral parts of the team. Many learn from partners who carry on the firm tradition of mentoring. As one associate says, “The people are gifted but down to earth. There is a great deal of associate/partner interaction and open dialogue is encouraged. It’s been an incredible experience.”
- Entrepreneurial: Creative people are welcome here. We value and encourage inventive thinking, support and build upon each other’s ideas, and maintain constant communication with our clients to ensure that they are the focus of our innovations and voices in the creative process.
- Socially Responsible: Like many of our clients, we’ve brought a forward-thinking approach to corporate social responsibility, including our pro bono representation, our diversity efforts, and our drive towards building a sustainable future through our Legally Green® initiative. We are proud to be able to accomplish what is best for our clients while also doing what is best for our world, the communities in which we live and work, and each other.
- Diverse: We recognize that having an open work culture not only makes the firm more interesting and stimulating, it also enables us to respond with greater agility to the challenges faced by our clients in a diverse, multicultural world. We are sharply aware that inclusion is important, and for that reason we aspire to become a national leader in workplace diversity.
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers awarded Nixon Peabody top-tier honors in 67 national and metropolitan practices from in its 2013 “Best Law Firms” rankings—including Franchise “Law Firm of the Year” for the second year in a row.
- Chambers and Partners, publishers of guides to law firms, ranked Nixon Peabody highly in the 2013 edition of Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, with 61 Nixon Peabody attorneys recognized as top lawyers in their respective practices.
- The BTI Litigation Outlook 2013 Report included Nixon Peabody on its Honor Roll as one of the “Most Feared Law Firms” for litigation, with strong performances in IP Litigation, Complex Commercial Litigation, Routine Commercial Litigation, and Product Liability Litigation.
- Human Rights Campaign’s (HRC) Corporate Equality Index gave Nixon Peabody its highest rating (100%) on lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) equality in corporate America for the seventh consecutive year. Nixon Peabody was named to the HRC’s 2013 “Best Places to Work For (LGBT) Equality” list.
- More awards available here.