Executive Q&A from Cognizant
What does Cognizant Business Consulting do?
We have 3300+ experienced consultants delivering end to end solutions for some of the world’s biggest clients. CBC enables clients to
- Transform the way business operates
- Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of IT
- Maximize the value of enterprise solutions
- Innovate with state of the art technologies
- Help companies transform their core operating model to embrace the future of work
The single biggest difference between Cognizant and pure strategy consultancies is that we turn theory into action. You’ll learn about the science of consulting, but you’ll also help clients bring strategy to life with tangible outcomes – and that, we believe, makes for a far more satisfying career.
How is Cognizant Business Consulting organized?
CBC is organized by industries (banking, retail, etc.) and technology areas (CRM, SAP, BI, etc.). Whichever part of CBC you join, you will help businesses of all shapes and sizes grow faster. You might be assessing business processes, analyzing organizational issues, developing recommendations to improve a supply chain or evaluating the health of an IT portfolio. Whatever the issue, you will deliver benefits that can be measured and delivered with exceptional client service that’s second to none. Read more about our functional specializations and industry domains at: http://www.cognizant.com/business-consulting.
What can you expect in a career with Cognizant Business Consulting?
As a consultant you will belong to one of the consulting groups and play an important role with responsibilities that range from analyzing a client's issues/objectives and interviewing key client stakeholders to developing recommendations and authoring presentations. You will participate in and lead teams in both strategic advisory and implementation projects. You can work across several clients and project types to develop a broad set of skills that will position you for future success.
Typical responsibilities of a consultant include:
- Work directly with our clients providing services designed to help them solve their most complex business problems
- Deliver outstanding client results, direct client personnel, prepare work plans, facilitate client teams to implement recommendations
- Assess market/industry trends and client issues and support Cognizant go-to-market initiatives
- Co-author articles/whitepapers and participate as a team member in collateral development
- Support business development activities in the form of gathering best practices for RFI/RFP responses and writing proposals and marketing collateral
- Assist in opportunity and prospect identification
- Proactively support team-building and on-boarding efforts via mentoring
- Help strengthen client confidence in Cognizant as a tier-one provider and Cognizant's ability to deliver
What is the consulting career path at Cognizant?
Most MBAs join Cognizant as a Senior Consultant and then progress on to Manager, Senior Manager and Director. The pace of progress is determined by your ability to lead clients to solutions, help your colleagues succeed, and develop and share knowledge.
What is Cognizant looking for in recent business school graduates?
We are especially interested in smart, dynamic candidates from top tier business schools with strong interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. Applicants must be comfortable in interacting with technical experts and client business unit heads. Cognizant invites applicants from diverse industry backgrounds; however, consulting or technology experience is a plus. Cognizant is seeking candidates who are intellectually curious and can demonstrate strong work ethic with commitment to client service excellence.
What is the selection process for MBAs?
Step 1: Send your resumes
Get in touch with your university administrators to find the Cognizant job posting and to find out the deadlines for sending your resume and cover letter to Cognizant. Make sure that you not only highlight your academic record but also other achievements as well as the reasons behind your career choice and interest in Cognizant.
Step 2: Attend several rounds of interviews
Interviews will be at one of our offices, on or near campuses or over the phone. This gives you the chance to demonstrate to us the skills you currently possess and the ones you wish to develop early in your career. We will explore your understanding our business and the marketplace and assess how well you would fit into Cognizant.
Step 3: Receive an offer
We will let you know whether we would like to make you an offer as soon after your interview as possible.