Your Career at Oliver Wyman
Exceptional opportunity and rewards
It's no mistake that Oliver Wyman is the fastest growing management consulting firm in the top 10. With revenue exceeding $1.5 billion in 2007 and an impressive list of global clients, there's no shortage of work to be done. You'll get more client exposure, more opportunities to work internationally, and more contact with senior level partners from day one than at any other consultancy in the business. With constant opportunities to build your expertise and demonstrate your talent, you'll get wherever you're going faster-at Oliver Wyman and beyond.
Entrepreneurial opportunities abound
You'll have the chance to make your mark from the moment you walk through our doors. We fully expect our people to shape the future direction of the company every day. With early exposure to global clients, regular collaboration with industry experts and senior partners, and the ability to advance to partner without getting an advanced degree, where you go and how fast you rise is entirely up to you.
- Spend 6-12 months at a client/organization of interest
- Enrich and diversify your industry knowledge
- In 2008 consultants are doing externships with Major League Baseball, Boston Scientific, Sony.
Our environment is exciting, collaborative, stimulating and fun
You'll brainstorm with some of the best minds in the international business world, benefit from the knowledge of industry experts, and develop high-impact ideas that make a difference to clients. You'll travel with smart, well-rounded people from many cultures and backgrounds. You'll join a team of dynamic colleagues and friends. And in doing so, you'll build a network that will last a lifetime.
Flexible work life options
We have exceptional programs to help you achieve your goals. Wherever your career path takes you, we have the tools to help you explore opportunities and develop expertise. From 10/11 month work years, sabbaticals and non-profit fellowships to international project opportunities and general or specialized consulting tracks, you'll gain the experiences that are important to you.
Flexible work options:
- 10 or 11 month year and sabbatical options to pursue other interests
- Travel, study for GMAT's, plan a wedding, relax, take a class, play professional sports, etc.
Pro Bono and Fellowship ProgramsOliver Wyman actively works to have a major positive impact on society through its Pro Bono Program, focusing primarily on global economic development. We partner with and conduct advisory projects for nonprofit organizations that address fundamental concerns such as health, housing, education, poverty, and economic development and revitalization.
We have formed alliances with three organizations:
- 1. Acumen Fund -- a global venture fund that uses entrepreneurial approaches to solve the problems of global poverty.
2. Room to Read -- an international nonprofit organization devoted to providing educational opportunities to underprivileged children in the developing world.
3. Women's World Banking -- a global network of 54 microfinance providers and banks, working in 30 countries to bring financial services to poor women entrepreneurs to enable them to grow their businesses and lift their families out of poverty.
We work with these and other nonprofit organizations to substantially improve their ability to meet their objectives, collaborating closely with them on their most critical issues. We staff our pro bono initiatives with the same talent and conduct them with the same high standards as we do all our client projects.
Our Nonprofit Fellowship Program enables consulting staff members to make a personal contribution by working full-time at a nonprofit organization, typically for 3 to 6 months. Many work closely with the organization's leadership on strategy, while others gain hands-on experience in the field. The firm seeks out fellowships that will provide good development opportunities and that participants will find inspiring, and has ongoing fellowship relationships with a number of nonprofits. The firm recently formed a strategic alliance with Kiva.org, the world's leading person-to-person microlending website, launching a formal Kiva Externship Program that dedicates Oliver Wyman consulting staff to support Kiva's growth and expansion.
- 40% salary paid by Oliver Wyman
- Sample of fellowships include: Teach for America, Teach for India, Endeavor.org, The Seed Foundation (founded by OW alum), One Acre Fund (founded by OW alum), New York Philharmonic, Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, Boston Symphony Orchestra, Chicago Symphony Orchestra (joint program along with our probono program with America's Orchestras), Children's Literacy Foundation, Habitat for Humanity of Walton County, Acumen Fund, Clinton Foundation, Blue Ridge Foundation, TechnoServe in Rwanda, Women in Progress in Ghana), KIVA.org (founded by OW alum)
Oliver Wyman also provides resources to its employees who serve their communities through volunteer and philanthropic efforts. Many initiatives are a long-time tradition of an office, while others were recently launched by individuals who saw a need and stepped up to help.
To apply for a position at Oliver Wyman, please visit their application page.
Oliver Wyman Quick Links
- Oliver Wyman Europe-Europe-Consulting - Management and Strategy
- Oliver Wyman Asia-Australasia-Consulting - Management and Strategy