Your Career at TE Connectivity
At TE Connectivity, our commitment to diversity is your advantage. As a global company, TE reaches a wide variety of markets and serves customers in more than 150 countries. To deliver a competitive advantage to its customers, the company embraces and cultivates the richness that diversity brings to TE. Different perspectives, backgrounds, cultures, lifestyles and experiences allow employees to thrive and create breakthrough solutions and develop innovative products. TE welcomes values and respects each individual's differences and contributions as a way to provide opportunities for everyone to contribute to their fullest potential.
As an industry leader, joining TE has advantages for you. The company offers its employees a total rewards package designed to meet the diverse and ever-changing needs of our employees and their families. These include:
Health Care Benefits
- Comprehensive medical and hospitalization coverage.
- Prescription drug program.
- HealthMatters Wellness Program?the company wants its employees to be healthy. TE's wellness program is designed to get employees healthy and keep them healthy, using health assessment, advocacy and decision support tools, along with a wealth of educational programs and communications.
Paid Time Off Benefits
- The company's time off benefits provides employees with a work/family balance.
- Dependent upon years of service, employees can receive up to 5 weeks of vacation. New hires are eligible for 10 days of vacation, increasing to 15 days in their 5th year of employment with the company.
- Employees are eligible for up to 48 hours of personal/sick time annually.
- The company provides 10 paid holidays annually.
Income Protection and Wealth Accumulation Benefits
- Includes 401(k) matching, short and long-term disability, life insurance and much more.
- TE's employee stock purchase plan allows employees to purchase shares of company stock on a monthly basis through convenient payroll deductions and matches up to 15 percent of employee contributions, up to an annual maximum of $6,000.
And so much more...
- TE seeks to offer a full range of benefits for its employees. In addition to those already mentioned, TE offers employees opportunities to take advantage of: medical flexible spending accounts, dependent day care flexible spending accounts, long-term care program, employee matching gift program; personal computer loan program, adoption assistance benefits, employee assistance program, employee discounts, educational reimbursement, credit union and the service award program.
TE Connectivity offers professional development courses with a focus in management, sales and engineering training for its employees. The company also offers formal job rotation programs which consist of different assignments that include training to develop a broad range of applicable skill sets. The goal is to ensure that its employees have the knowledge and competencies they need to perform on the job. To help with all training TE has an online learning management system. From this site, one can enroll in classes or take classes online.
Within its technical community, the developmental program includes two career paths. The first is the management career path. This may include titles such as engineering manager, engineering director or vice president of engineering. The second career path option is the individual contributor path. These titles may include senior engineer, principal engineer or engineering fellow.
TE Connectivity's internship program includes a balanced mix of training and development opportunities, social and networking events. The company's interns get professional, real world work experience that will help them develop new skills that can enhance their education and career development. TE?s interns are compensated and granted service credit for intern work time if they join the company as full time regular employees.
TE maintains relationships with a number of leading universities and regularly hosts recruiting events around the country for its co-op and internship programs. The company's college relations website contains full information for where and when these events are held.
The company is always keen to meet students and graduates from a variety of disciplines — mechanical, aerospace, chemical, computer, electrical, manufacturing, software or systems engineering, accounting, computer science, finance, human resources, marketing, materials science, physics or supply chain management — and encourages anyone from these backgrounds to take advantage of its career-making opportunities and join some of the brightest minds in the business in an atmosphere full of inspiration, empowerment and respect.
While TE has critical needs for mechanical engineers, the company also frequently offers opportunities for interns and new grads in information systems and technology, finance, procurement (supply chain), sales and marketing, and human resources.
Strive for innovation
As a company, TE Connectivity is committed to continual improvement, and as such it is constantly seeking new ways to drive innovation. For that reason, TE invests more than four percent of the company's sales revenue on research, development and engineering annually — in 2007 alone our investment was nearly $600 million. These efforts are supported by over 7,000 engineers and 17 global design centers, working closely with customers to develop specific, highly engineered products and systems to satisfy customers' needs. The company applies for more than 750 patents annually and holds more than 17,000 patents and patent applications in total. TE's innovation, early design involvement and materials expertise give customers a competitive advantage by delivering new functionality, helping them to bring better performance to existing products, deliver new products to market faster and realize greater efficiencies in their manufacturing processes.