Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
VAULT RANKINGS 2013
• “One of the most underrated firms”
• “Brilliant partnership”
• “Not enough work”
• “Donald Trump’s law firm”
NEWS AND UPDATES
• “Friendly and respectful atmosphere”
• "Associates are given amazing opportunities”
• “Great pro bono program”
• “Billable hours requirement for bonus”
• “Partnership prospects unclear”
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
Fourteen New York attorneys—including the late Arthur Kramer, brother of playwright Larry Kramer—teamed up to start Kramer Levin in 1968. The city was already well-stocked with law firms, many of them dating back to the 1800s, so Kramer Levin set out to distinguish itself on the basis of its skill, not the depth of its roots.
Breaking Through in NYC
From the start, Kramer Levin was positioned as a full-service firm that didn't rely on a single hallmark practice or longstanding relationship with one major client.Become a Gold Member or Log in to read the entire Scoop
From the Community
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP Perspective
HIGHLIGHTS AT Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
- We are "As Good as It Gets" in terms of the practice of law. We are a full-service firm that has a variety of practices to choose from.
- We try to afford each associate and summer associate the opportunity to gain experience in areas that hold the most interest to the individual. We also aim to leanly staff projects so associates can gain exposure working directly with partners on major cases and deals.
OUR GENERALIST APPROACH
- Summer associates are afforded the opportunity to work in any area they choose. No rotations or mandatory assigning is done.
- Our work assignment program allows for maximum flexibility and work is distributed according to the summer associate's departmental interests and availability. Associates are encouraged to become generalists in their field and partners work to provide a wide variety of assignments to provide a well-rounded experience.