Davis Polk & Wardwell
• "Very polite firm culture"
• "Strong international practice"
• "Great work on high profile matters"
• “Culture is very hierarchical”
• “Unpredictable schedule”
• “Struggling to get feedback and wondering how you are performing”
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
Davis Polk & Wardwell, founded in New York City over 160 years ago, has finance in its DNA. The firm boasts one of the nation's best and most comprehensive corporate departments, with impressive teams in capital markets, M&A, bankruptcy, and tax. Its highly-regarded litigation practice—which includes a top-notch white-collar criminal defense team—also has deep roots: in his long career, name partner John Davis argued over 250 cases before the U.S. Supreme Court.Become a Gold Member or Log in to read the entire Scoop
From the Community
Davis Polk & Wardwell Perspective
Five Reasons to Choose Davis Polk
1. Preeminence. No matter what their practice or in which of our 10 offices worldwide they may work, our lawyers are at the very top of the profession.
- Across our entire practice, we routinely rank among the leading firms in all major league rankings and legal directories.
- For the second consecutive year, Davis Polk has been named “Americas Law Firm of the Year” and won the “Debt and Equity-Linked Team of the Year” award at the 2013 International Financial Law Review Americas Awards. We received five awards in total, including “Restructuring Deal of the Year” for work on the Lehman Brothers Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Davis Polk routinely ranks among the top firms in the American Lawyer’s “A-List” rankings of elite U.S. law firms, which measure the firm’s financial performance, pro bono activity, associate satisfaction and lawyer diversity.
- Over the past year, Davis Polk has received numerous firm, team, deal and individual honors in the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America.
Five Reasons to Choose Davis Polk in Hong Kong
1. Preeminence. Active for more than a century in China, Davis Polk is regarded as one of the leading firms for the most sophisticated corporate legal work on behalf of companies in China and those doing business there. As a member of our dynamic team in China, young lawyers in our Hong Kong and Beijing offices gain all of the benefits of joining one of the world’s premier law firms (see Vault.com’s “Five Reasons to Join Davis Polk”)
- “Best Equity Deal of the Year” (PICC Hong Kong IPO) – IFLR Asia Awards 2013
- “Best Debt Deal of the Year” (CNOOC bond offering) – Asian Legal Business China Awards 2012
- “Outbound M&A Deal of the Year” (Dalian Wanda’s Acquisition of AMC); “Take Private Deal of the Year” (Privatization of Shanda Interactive Entertainment); and “Overseas Equity Deal of the Year” (New China Life Insurance’s Hong Kong IPO) – China Business Law Journal’s 2012 Deals of the Year