K&L Gates LLP
VAULT RANKINGS 2013
View all company stats
• "Sponsors several law school scholarships"
• "Good work-life balance"
• "Still working through post-merger culture issues"
• "Too big"
NEWS AND UPDATES
• "Hours are not crazy for a big firm"
• "Meaningful mentorship opportunities"
• "Great resources with a small office feel"
• "Mediocre compensation"
• "Difficulty getting work during slow periods"
• "Lack of transparency"
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
What a difference a couple of years make: the firm now branded K&L Gates has undergone a series of identity-shifting mergers in modern times. On the strength of several such deals, the firm has grown into one of BigLaw’s more massive operations while working on everything from corporate transactions and complex litigation to environmental law and policy work.
The new Millennium saw a flurry of mergers, which formed what we now know as K&L Gates. In January 2007, Seattle’s Preston Gates & Ellis got hitched to Kirkpatrick & Lockhart Nicholson Graham (itself the product of one of the largest U.S.-U.K. mergers in legal history: the 2005 pairing of Pittsburgh-based Kirkpatrick & Lockhart and London’s Nicholson Graham & Jones).
From the Community