Patterson Belknap Webb & Tyler LLP
• "Real litigation work (e.g., depositions, briefs) for junior associates"
• "Quality of life is superlative, particularly for a New York firm"
• "Very little associate hierarchy"
• "Slightly stuffy at times"
• "Not too many women and people of color"
• "Lots of residential mortgage-backed security work"
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
With around 200 attorneys working out of its single outpost in Manhattan, Patterson Belknap may seem like a modest operation relative to New York’s megafirms, but the firm holds its own. Handling litigation and corporate matters on behalf of clients from such disparate fields as media, private equity and Big Pharma, the firm also represents nonprofits and foundations on a wide range of matters.
A Distinguished Career
Patterson Belknap was founded in 1919. Leading name partner Robert P. Patterson was a Harvard Law grad, who interrupted the early stages of his legal career to fight with the New York National Guard in Mexico in 1916.
From the Community