McKinsey & Company (IT Consulting)
Also Known As: McKinsey, McKinsey & Co, McKinsey and Co
Consulting - Information Technology
- "You will never be around so many smart people at once [anywhere else]"
- "Incredible, interesting problems to solve"
- Uncontested reputation in the industry
- "Having the right relationship with your boss is one of the few real ways to progress"
- Up-or-out culture
- "A 'corporate' mindset is maybe more required than in other similar companies"
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
What’d you expect?
Though not as universally known for its business technology expertise, McKinsey is nonetheless a powerful force in the technology consulting field. The firm’s tech practice, created in 1997, is known as the Business Technology Office. The structure of projects undertaken by the practice is similar to those of the management consulting practices in that the consultants work in teams, but they may be drawn from any McKinsey office. Additionally, the client’s experts tend to work alongside the team as part- or even full-time members. Services include near-shoring and offshoring of end-to-end operational processes; IT architecture; IT cost assessment; IT governance and organization; and IT in operations, such as enterprise resource planning and software configuration management. Among the industries targeted are banking, insurance, telecom, information services and software, media and entertainment, healthcare, and the public and retail sectors.
Become a Gold Member or Log in to read the entire Scoop
From the Community