Debevoise & Plimpton LLP
• "Work is challenging and substantive"
• "Family-oriented culture"
• "Commitment to women in the profession"
• "Imbalanced workload among associates"
• "Lack of honest feedback"
• "Outdated technology"
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:
Eli Whitney Debevoise―a direct descendent of the inventor of the cotton gin―and William E. Stevenson founded their firm in New York in 1931. Debevoise wasn’t the only one with an interesting background; Stevenson was an Olympic gold medalist on the 1924 1,600 meter relay team. Francis T.P. Plimpton, whose name graced the masthead starting in 1933, was the father of famed journalist and writer George Plimpton.
Sophisticated Practice across the Globe
Debevoise's corporate department remains its largest, with M&A and private equity leading the charge.
From the Community