VAULT RANKINGS 2013
View all company stats
- “Strong domestic and regional name”
- “Not a major player”
- “Good people—friendly and professional”
- “Putting two fifth-tier banks together is not going to create a better bank”
NEWS AND UPDATES
- “Friendly people and insignificant ego”
- “Working with interesting clients”
- “Very poor management at the top of wealth management”
- “Support services lacking”
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:Bright lights, big cities
Throughout its 140-year history, Commerzbank has moved its headquarters three times. It relocated from its founding city of Hamburg to Berlin just after the beginning of the 20th century, moved from Berlin to Dusseldorf just after World War II and officially made its home in Frankfurt in 1970.
Germany’s second-biggest bank, Commerzbank has a presence in 50 countries around the world, employing approximately 40,000 people, of which more than a third work outside its native Germany. The bank’s total private and business customer base of 8.5 million includes more than half a million corporate customers, and the bank’s network encompasses more than 5,000 “correspondent banks” worldwide. Commerzbank’s business structure is divided into four main units: corporate banking, retail banking, real estate banking and institutions. The services offered by the corporate banking division include financing, transaction management, investment, foreign business, risk management consulting.
Become a Gold Member or Log in to read the entire Scoop
From the Community