Allen & Company LLC
VAULT RANKINGS 2013
Headquarters: New York,
View all company stats
• "Leading media bank"
• "Good in its niche market, but small and not an important player in the big picture"
• "For such a secretive company—they don't even have a Web site—they have done a great job of building a brand"
• "Inconsistent quality; prestigious name partner and a couple others"
NEWS AND UPDATES
- Work on huge, high-profile deals
- Workplace is male-dominated
ABOUT THIS COMPANY:Allen’s singular status
How is Allen & Company unlike other banks? Let us count the ways: It has no website, no barrage of press releases touting recent deals, no sprawling menu of financial services, no research division, no employment contact and no formal recruiting process. What Allen & Company does have is a platinum reputation and serious mystique, earned over eight decades of semi-secretive, exclusive advisory and wealth management work with some of the biggest names in corporate America. The firm is an institutional broker and money manager for high-net-worth individuals, including the founding Allen family; it also provides M&A, underwriting and related advisory services. The firm regularly ranks as one of the top-25 M&A advisors by deal volume each year.
Become a Gold Member or Log in to read the entire Scoop
From the Community