to sustain and improve upon the welcoming, supportive an inclusive climate at the College of Law.
- to attract and retain greater number of individuals from und represented populations into faculty, staff, and administrative positions.
- to attract, retain and graduate increasing numbers of students from historically under-represented populations and international students;
- to ensure that the College is a welcoming and inclusive community for gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgendered students;
- to develop and strengthen partnerships with diverse communities domestically and globally
- to ensure that curricular requirement include significant intercultural perspectives; and
- to prepare law students to become lawyers in a diverse world.
The goal of the College of Law Committee on Community is to make sure that every student believes that the college is welcoming, supportive and inclusive. To that end, a variety of programs are offered each year, including Martin Luther King Day luncheons, where faculty, students and staff meet in small groups to discus civil rights in the 21st Century and the impact of Dr. King, and The Julian Blackshear Banquet, which celebrates accomplishments of diverse graduates.
Programs and services of The Legal Clinic and the Advocacy Center reach various diverse communities, particularly those with economic disadvantage. Founded in 1927, The Charles H. Miller Legal Clinic is the longest continually operating clinical program in US legal education.
The College of Law encourages students, faculty and staff to participate in pro bono, public interest, and social justice activities. The multi-faceted UT Pro Bono program is a student- directed, community service organization that connects students with area attorne
University of Tennessee - Knoxville College of Law Diversity Profile
Read the full University of Tennessee - Knoxville College of Law diversity profile
Law School discussions
Please critique my legal resume for Biglaw. Thanks!
December 10,2012 2:12 AM
Hello, I would like someone to critique my legal resume before I submit job applications to large firms. M&A and Project Finance orientation. I ...
What is the best state to register my LLC?
April 14,2011 3:25 PM
Hi I am a recent college graduate looking for a little more advice on my new medical device distributorship business. I currently live in Michiga ...
Bankruptcy Attorney Lifestyle at a small Firm
October 28,2010 9:50 AM
I am posting because I am curious as to what it is like to work as a bankruptcy attorney at a smaller law firm (20-50 attorneys) as well a very s ...