Excellen education surroudned by like-minded friendly classmates

June 2018 | FORMER STUDENT

Unquestionably the best three years of my life. My classmates and the social atmosphere truly made this experience what it was, but the coursework and teaching are superb. I would recommend UVA Law to anyone interested in going into the legal profession.

Very little negative to say about UVA Law - perhaps my only complaint was that career counseling seemed focused on helping those that already knew their path or on set paths, rather than helping students figure that out.

Comments

Charlottesville is a great place to spend three years and a great environment to help remove some of the stress of legal study.

Great School

May 2018 | FORMER STUDENT

Charlottesville is amazing place to live for few years. Excellent job placement.

No complaints, everything was great. Nitpicking, obviously Charlottesville is not a big city if that is your thing.

Comments

As advertised. Relatively collegial school with great prospects for graduates.

Virginia Law

Bowties
Popped collars
Famous professors
Charlottesville (!!)

course selection can be super important to beat the curve and is based on a lot of inside-baseball and not a lot of transparency

Comments

Definitely visit!! Virginia's campus is incredible and a major selling point - it's the only top law school outside a major metropolitan area which can be a major draw for a certain type of student.

Great place to begin your legal career

January 2016 | FORMER STUDENT

more laid back atmosphere than most top law schools; collegial culture; professors take an active interest in students

sometimes could be a bit too fratty; some class sizes were pretty big

Comments

Loved my experience at the school. Charlottesville is also a great college town in which to go to law school.

fratty

September 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

smart people, super professors, good support, good social events, collegial atmosphere

fratty, too many men, it is relatively conservative, ugly school

Comments

Make sure you like to drink or have solid hobbies outside of the law school

Very Good

July 2015 | CURRENT STUDENT

Easy to make friends, Great professors, Accessible Career Services, The professors are accessible and very good teachers, career services is very accessible and knowledgeable and very willing to help, the school has an environment where it is very easy to make friends, spurred on by programs that help this, the scholarship opportunities are very good for those who get them.

Lots of negative publicity lately, ATL likes to write bad things about the school, Career services isn't the most clear on how to go about the job search unless you go talk to them one on one so it can feel overwhelming, tuition keeps rising, and I feel like there is inconsistent grading by different professors.

Comments

Charlottesville is a great city, good night life and lots of active stuff to do, I hear a low percentage of people get scholarships, building is kind of drab, the JAG school is right next door, which is cool.

Great law school, collegial atmosphere

June 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

It is a very collegial atmosphere which is strongly encouraged by the faculty, peer advisors and the administration in general. They are also very generous about providing scholarships to students. The school also has a very strong alumni base.

The school really needs to work on its diversity. It is much less diverse than other top schools, and does not have a strong community for liberal students.

Comments

It is a great school, but if you are a minority you need to understand that UVA has not done the best job at fostering a great environment for you.

All the Trappings of a Top School With a High Quality of Life

April 2015 | FORMER STUDENT

Charlottesville. Excellent professors. The hilarious Libel Show. The collegiality of the students. The jobs students recieve

The "North Ground Softball League" attitude (held my a small number of students). The lack of interaction with other graduate programs.

Comments

UVa Law is an exception place to get a legal education. The students are smart, but not so competitive that the atmosphere is unpleasant. You have all the exit opportunities into firms, the government, or clerkships that you could want but get there by spending three awesome years in Charlottesville.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

The professors are phenomenal, and extremely accessible. I have found that there are definitely more classes that I want to take than time to take them! The school offers fantastic clinical programs as well, and there are a great number of clubs and organizations for legal and non-legal oriented activities. There are some great dual degree and study abroad programs. While the students are competitive, the atmosphere still remains very collegial.

Friendly, social, great campus. I would not recommend another law school for people who want to obtain a difficult degree in a collegial environment.

The application to UVA is similar to that of many other law schools; it requires the same general essay and documents. I found, however, that the school was more responsive than most to helping me determine a financial aid package, and I was able to obtain a good scholarship as well.

2010 | VERIFIED STUDENT

QOL is amazing at UVA. Cost of living is reasonable, grounds are gorgeous and safe, and weather generally is nice. People genuinely seem to be happy here. You couldn't pick a better place to spend 3 years than Charlottesville and UVA Law.